Make sure that you remove Carvery rib of beef from the fridge at least an hour before serving. It is essential that the meat is at room temperature if you are to cook it evenly. Next, rub a little oil over the joint and season it well with salt and pepper. Heat a large, heavy frying pan and bring the heat into the meat until it is seared all over and nicely browned. Place in a large roasting tin and cook for approximately two hours, according to your preference.
The best meat deserves the best preparation. That’s why we work with master butchers who have prepared this joint to the very highest standard. Our butchers have trimmed and tied this meat expertly so it is ready to cook and serve. This also means you can slice the Carvery rib of beef easily and portion it fairly. People do tend to watch carefully when you serve a meal like this, so we have done the hard work for you. We go to this extra effort to maintain the premium quality you have come to expect from The Black Farmer.
The Black Farmer makes sure that we get the absolute best and most sustainable breeds for the season. By working with local produce and farmers, we promote and encourage a sustainable and ethical approach to meat eating. This reduces animal stress and lowers food miles as much as possible.
This carvery rib of beef has a shelf life of 12 days from date of delivery.
Both 2kg and 4kg options contain 1 whole piece of beef per pack.
- Season the joint with the crushed pepper and sea salt or a flavouring of your choice. Press onto the fat and flesh to evenly coat.
- Roast for 20 minutes at 220C/fan 200C/gas 7, then turn the oven down to 160C/fan 140C/gas 3.
- Cook for 20 minutes per 450g for medium/15 minutes per 450g for rare. Rest the meat for 15-30 minutes in a warm place.
- Slice the meat neatly away from the bone. Cut the meat away from in between the bones or separate the bones and serve as they are.
- Carve the joint into slices and serve.
Product photography is representative only. As these products are freshly butchered for your order, sizes and thicknesses may vary. Weights and portions will be as stated.