Dry cured gammon steak is delicious with a traditional parsley sauce, steamed potatoes and seasonal vegetables. It is best simply to grill it either in the over or in a griddle pan. For a gastro pub style lunch or dinner, serve it with buttery fried eggs, homemade chunky chips and a generous spoonful of English mustard. For an amazing lunch, we love these steaks in a warm baguette with rocket and piccalilli.
Our free range pork comes from the best, local suppliers. We have always been very selective. We source local meat from farms in Wiltshire and Somerset, and make sure that we get the very best and most sustainable breeds for the season. At every stage, we promote traditional, sustainable farming practices that make for happy pigs and delighted customers. Free range practices make for happier, healthier pigs and result in a far more delicious product. Add this dry cured gammon steak to your basket and we’re sure you will agree.
The best meat deserves the best preparation. That’s why we work with master butchers who have prepared our dry cured gammon steak to the very highest standard. We go to this effort to maintain the quality you have come to expect from The Black Farmer.
|5 Days from date of delivery
|While we’d be surprised if you could resist the temptation to enjoy immediately, please keep refridgerated unless you intend to eat it right away! Otherwise all our quality meat is suitable for freezing to preserve its taste and texture, meaning you can cook and serve it when you fancy. Once it’s been frozen, please thaw your meat slowly and thoroughly, ideally in the fridge overnight. We vacuum-pack our meat to naturally extend its freshness and make it suitable for home-freezing.
|This pack contains approximately 227g. Your item will arrive in a 100% recycled box lovingly packed with FSC-certified shredded spruce from Britain and Sweden, natural sheep’s wool insulation and non-toxic chilled gel packs, all of which can be reused, composted or recycled. To recycle the gel packs, simply cut a corner and dispose of the contents through your normal domestic waste system, as the gel isn’t harmful to the environment. Better still, reuse them by storing in the freezer and chilling other products. The only component from our packaging that can’t be recycled are the foil liners which need to be go in household waste; the poly bags meat comes in in need to go in plastic recycling.
|COUNTRY OF ORIGIN
Dry-cured gammon steak is a delicious and flavorful dish that can be enjoyed on its own or as part of a larger meal. Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to cook dry-cured gammon steak:
- Dry-cured gammon steak
- Olive oil or vegetable oil
- Black pepper (optional)
- Preheat your grill or grill pan to medium-high heat. You can also use a frying pan if you don’t have a grill.
- Take the dry-cured gammon steak out of the packaging and pat it dry with paper towels. This will help ensure a crisp exterior when cooking.
- Lightly brush both sides of the gammon steak with olive oil or vegetable oil. This will prevent sticking and enhance browning.
- Place the gammon steak on the grill or grill pan. If using a frying pan, place it directly on the heated surface.
- Cook the gammon steak for about 3-4 minutes on each side, or until it develops a nice golden-brown crust. The internal temperature should reach 145°F (63°C) to ensure it is cooked through.
- If desired, you can season the gammon steak with a sprinkle of freshly ground black pepper during the cooking process. Be mindful of the salt content of the gammon, as it is already cured and can be quite salty.
- Once the gammon steak is cooked to your liking, remove it from the heat and let it rest for a couple of minutes. This allows the juices to redistribute and the meat to become more tender.
- Serve the dry-cured gammon steak hot. It pairs well with various sides, such as roasted vegetables, mashed potatoes, or a fresh salad.
Remember, cooking times may vary depending on the thickness of the gammon steak and the heat of your cooking surface. It’s always a good idea to use a meat thermometer to ensure it reaches the desired internal temperature.
Enjoy your delicious dry-cured gammon steak!
Nutiritional information typical values per 130g,
|of which saturates
|of which sugars
We entrust DPD to deliver everything you order to mainland addresses in the UK. You can select you preferred delivery date at check-out. Next-day delivery has a cut-off time of 12pm, but please note, next-day delivery is not available on everything. Gift messages may also be added and personalised at check-out. For more information, please visit our Delivery & Returns page.