All our poultry is sourced from a local butchery, so that we can guarantee the highest possible quality of locally reared meats. With more than 10 years experience, the highly skilled expert butchers guarantee that every cut will be of the highest standard and prepared by using traditional methods.
The shelf life of this product is 5 days from date of delivery.
- Score the duck breasts with a criss-cross pattern or parallel cuts through the skin, being careful not to cut all the way to the flesh. Season well, then set aside to bring the meat to room temperature.
- Put the breasts skin-side down in a cold frying pan and slowly heat the pan. This will melt the fat and help the skin to crisp up without burning.
- Fry the breasts, letting the fat melt out and the skin crisp up. Keep frying until the skin is crisp and brown and you’ve melted out as much of the visible white fat as possible. This can take up to 10-15 mins.
- Pour the excess fat into a ceramic or glass dish (reserve it for roasting potatoes).
- At this stage, you have a couple of options for cooking the meat: turn the breasts, add the butter and swirl the pan, then cook for 5 mins until the meat is browned all over (the meat should feel soft but spring back slightly when pressed); alternatively, heat the oven to 180C/160 fan/gas 4 and cook for 5-6 mins for a rosy pink flesh or 10-12 mins if you’d like it well cooked. If you have a meat thermometer, it should read 54C for rare, 61C for medium and 65C for medium/well done.
- Rest the duck breast for 10 mins before slicing to serve.
Product photography is representative only. As these products are freshly butchered for your order, sizes and thicknesses may vary. Weights and portions will be as stated.
This product contains 2 approximately pieces of packed duck.