Tropical Honey Gazed Pork Belly
This is another Caribbean favourite with my own little twist. Perfect finger food if you fancy getting a bit sticky!
- 1kg pork belly
- pinch salt & pepper
- 2 ½ teaspoons of vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoon honey
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons of fresh lemon juice
- 1tsp Paprika
- 1tsp pimento
- 3 celery sticks, cut into 1-inch/2.5 cm pieces
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 tablespoon jerk marinade
- 3 cherry tomatoes, halves
- Cut the pork belly into 10 slices, lengthwise.
- Season them with salt, soy sauce, jerk marinade, paprika, pimento, pepper, honey and rub them using your fingers.
- Add 1 teaspoon of vegetable oil, a pinch of sugar, and lemon juice.
- Coat the pork with the spices and let it marinate for 30 minutes.
- Heat the remaining vegetable oil in a skillet. Cook the pork belly for about 4-5 minutes on one side. Turn the pork belly over and cook it for another 4-5 minutes on the other side.
- Add the celery and sticks, and cook them together with the pork.
- Add the cherry tomatoes and cook everything for 2-3 more minutes before turning off the heat.