Veal mince ragù with tagliatelle
- 50g butter, melted
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 1 celery stick, finely chopped
- 300g veal mince
- 3 tbsp tomato purée
- 150ml white wine
- 250ml beef stock
- 100ml milk
- Splash of red wine vinegar
- 400g cooked fresh tagliatelle
- Grated parmesan
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan and gently fry the carrot, onions and celery. Season the veal mince and add to the pan, turning up the heat to brown the meat.
- Stir through the tomato purée and cook for a couple of minutes. Add the white wine and bubble for 2 minutes, then add the beef stock and milk. Bubble gently for 1½-2 hours, adding more stock if it becomes dry.
- Stir through a splash of red wine vinegar, then toss through the tagliatelle. Serve with plenty of grated parmesan.
- 80ml olive oil
1 white onion, halved, cut into thin wedges
500g veal mince
1 garlic clove, crushed
270g tomato paste
250ml vegetable liquid stock
400g dried spaghettoni pasta
1 bunch fresh basil, leaves picked
2 tbsp pre-grated parmesan
Heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and cook, stirring, for 4 minutes or until soft. Add mince and garlic and cook, stirring occasionally to break up lumps, for 3 minutes or until mince changes colour. Add tomato paste and stock and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low and cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, for 20 minutes or until sauce thickens. Chop 1/4 cup basil leaves and add to bolognaise sauce.
Meanwhile, cook spaghettoni in a saucepan of salted boiling water following packet directions (approx 10 min). Drain well. Heat remaining oil in a frying pan over high heat. Cook remaining basil leaves for 30 seconds or until crisp. Transfer to a plate lined with paper towel. Divide spaghettoni among plates. Top with veal bolognaise and sprinkle with parmesan and fried basil.
Browse our other meat products here.
The pack is approximately 400g.
Product photography is representative only. Weights and portions will be as stated.