|COUNTRY OF ORIGIN||UK|
Here’s cooking instruction for fresh pork hock:
1. Start by rinsing the pork hock under cold water to remove any excess debris.
2. Place the pork hock in a large pot and cover it with water. Add any desired seasonings such as bay leaves, peppercorns, or garlic cloves for added flavor.
3. Bring the water to a boil over high heat, then reduce the heat to medium-low and let it simmer. Skim off any foam or impurities that rise to the surface.
4. Cook the pork hock for approximately 2 to 3 hours, or until the meat is tender and easily pulls away from the bone. The cooking time may vary depending on the size of the pork hock.
5. Once cooked, remove the pork hock from the pot and let it rest for a few minutes.
6. At this point, you have various options. You can enjoy the pork hock as is, or you can finish it off by roasting or grilling it for a crispy exterior. Alternatively, you can also use the cooked pork hock in various recipes like soups, stews, or braised dishes.
7. Serve the pork hock with your favorite sides such as mashed potatoes, sauerkraut, or steamed vegetables.
Remember, cooking times may vary, so it’s important to check the meat’s doneness by testing its tenderness. Enjoy your pork hock!
Nutiritional information typical values per 100g,
|of which saturates||7.4 g|
|of which sugars||0 g|
We entrust DPD to deliver everything you order to mainland addresses in the UK. You can select you preferred delivery date at check-out. Next-day delivery has a cut-off time of 12pm, but please note, next-day delivery is not available on everything. Gift messages may also be added and personalised at check-out. For more information, please visit our Delivery & Returns page.