Easy to whip up for breakfast or brunch, or tea or lunch! And it’s gluten free to boot. Delicious at any time of the day and can be easily halved our doubled, depending on the number of mouths you have to feed.
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 large onion, roughly chopped
- 1 large carrot, diced
- 4 The Black Farmer Premium Pork sausages, cooked and sliced
- 4 large potatoes, cooked and diced
- Salt and pepper
- 4 eggs
- Parsley for garnish
- Chilli sauce for serving – if you want a bit of heat!
- Heat the olive oil in a roomy frying pan.
- Add the chopped onions and carrot. Stir and fry for about 5 minutes until the onion is golden and translucent.
- add the sliced sausages and diced potatoes and continue frying for a further 5-10 minutes. Don’t have the heat too high, as you don’t want to burn the onions. Once the potatoes are nicely browned and the sausages hot push the mixture aside to make four wells.
- Break one egg in each well.
- Cover the pan and cook for about 5 minutes until the eggs are set.
- Season with salt and pepper, scatter over the parsley and serve.
- Squeeze over hot chilli sauce if you fancy a bit of heat!
Buy all the available ingredients for this recipe