Fiery beetroot, banger and potato platter recipe
- 350g pack crispy potato slices
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 4 fiery Italian Style Sausages
- 1 tbsp clear honey
- 1 tbsp English mustard
- pinch of crushed chillies
Finishing touches (optional)
- sliced pickled onions
- chopped fresh parsley
- Preheat the oven to gas 6, 200°C, fan 180°C. Place the potato slices on a baking tray and cook for 12-15 ins or until crispy. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a nonstick pan over a high heat. Add the bangers and fry for 12-14 mins, turning often, until browned and cooked through.
- Remove the bangers from the pan and keep warm. Grate the beetroot directly into the pan (wear rubber gloves to prevent the juice from staining your fingers). Add the honey, mustard and crushed chillies, stir to combine, then fry for 2 mins.
- Slice the bangers into small chunks and stir through the beetroot in the pan. Arrange the potatoes on a platter, then top with the beetroot and bangers mix. Scatter over sliced pickled onions and fresh parsley to serve, if you like.
Chef’s tip: The sharpness of the pickled onions is a great addition to this dish
Product photography is representative only. Weights and portions will be as stated.
Nutritional Information per 100g
|of which saturates||11.2g|
|of which sugar||<0.1g|
Note: These figures may vary by +/- 20% due to the variability of the product