|COUNTRY OF ORIGIN
Here’s cooking instruction for Veal Fillet:
1. Preparing the Veal Fillet:
• Start by trimming any excess fat or sinew from the veal fillet.
• Season the fillet with salt and pepper, or any other desired seasonings.
2. Searing the Fillet:
• Heat a skillet or frying pan over medium-high heat and add a small amount of cooking oil.
• Once the pan is hot, carefully place the veal fillet in the pan.
• Sear the fillet for about 2-3 minutes on each side until it develops a golden-brown crust.
3. Cooking the Fillet:
• Reduce the heat to medium and continue cooking the veal fillet for an additional 4-5 minutes per side, depending on the thickness of the fillet.
• Use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature. For medium-rare, the temperature should read around 135°F (57°C). Adjust the cooking time if you prefer a different level of doneness.
4. Resting and Serving:
• Once the veal fillet reaches the desired doneness, remove it from the heat and let it rest for a few minutes.
• Resting allows the juices to redistribute within the meat, resulting in a more tender and flavorful fillet.
• After resting, slice the veal fillet against the grain into thin slices.
• Serve the veal fillet with your choice of sides, such as roasted vegetables, mashed potatoes, or a salad.
Remember, cooking times may vary depending on the thickness of the veal fillet and your desired level of doneness. It’s always recommended to use a meat thermometer to ensure the meat is cooked to your preference. Enjoy your meal!
Nutiritional information typical values per 100g,
|of which saturates
|of which sugars
We entrust DPD to deliver everything you order to mainland addresses in the UK. You can select you preferred delivery date at check-out. Next-day delivery has a cut-off time of 12pm, but please note, next-day delivery is not available on everything. Gift messages may also be added and personalised at check-out. For more information, please visit our Delivery & Returns page.