Traditional chutney pairs beautifully with Wiltshire Ale, as the flavors complement each other perfectly. Here’s a serving suggestion to enhance your tasting experience:
1. Cheese and Chutney Platter:
• Select a variety of cheeses such as cheddar, gouda, or brie. Arrange them on a serving platter.
• Place a small bowl of traditional chutney in the center of the platter.
• Provide a knife or cheese slicer for guests to serve themselves.
• Serve with a side of crackers or crusty bread.
2. Gourmet Sandwich:
• Spread a generous layer of traditional chutney onto slices of freshly baked bread.
• Layer the bread with slices of roast beef, turkey, or ham.
• Add some fresh lettuce, tomato, and onion for extra crunch.
• Serve the sandwich with a side of potato chips or a green salad.
3. Charcuterie Board:
• Arrange an assortment of cured meats like prosciutto, salami, and smoked ham on a large wooden board.
• Add a variety of crackers, breadsticks, and sliced baguette.
• Place small bowls of traditional chutney alongside the meats.
• Garnish with olives, cherry tomatoes, and fresh herbs.
4. Savory Pie Topping:
• Bake a savory pie such as chicken and mushroom or steak and ale.
• Just before serving, spoon a dollop of traditional chutney onto each slice of pie.
• The sweet and tangy flavors of the chutney will enhance the savory flavors of the pie.
Remember to serve the Wiltshire Ale chilled in appropriate glassware to complement the flavors of the chutney. Enjoy your pairing!