Garlic powder is rich in nutrients. Garlic is best known as a flavourful spice. However, throughout history, many different cultures have used garlic to prevent and treat different diseases. Garlic powder benefits health thanks to its array of nutrients and varied beneficial bioactive compounds.
Here is a delicious recipe featuring garlic powder:
After a stressful day at work, why fight to get dinner on the table? Make this quick ‘n easy garlic bread recipe in minutes to complete your meal.
- 2 slices (2 slices) Bread, Fresh crusty French or Italian bread is the best.
- 1/4 teaspoon (2 g) Salt, Optional. If you’re using unsalted butter or if you like your food very salty
- 1 tablespoon (15 g) butter, Salted butter tastes better and is less work
- 1 teaspoon (5 g) Garlic Powder
- 1 tablespoon (15 g) Parmesan, Optional. I used pre-grated Parmesan cheese for this recipe. You can Parmigiano-Reggiano freshly grated
- Slice the bread. The recipe calls for 2 slices. If you want to scale the recipe up, cut more slices of bread.
Toast the bread on medium. I like my garlic bread lightly browned but you can toast it on whatever settings you prefer to create a softer or crunchier result.
Heat the butter in the microwave on high for 30 seconds. Place a paper towel over the bowl to avoid splattering butter in your microwave.
Now the butter is softened, add the salt and garlic powder to the bowl with the melted butter.
Mash the garlic powder into the melted butter, which creates a garlic butter.
Once the bread is toasted, spread the garlic butter on the 2 slices of bread.
Sprinkle the grated parmesan on top of the garlic butter. If you’re freshly grating a block of Parmigiano-Reggiano, grate the cheese until you have a thin coverage over the garlic butter.
If you’re using a toaster oven, you can optionally put it back into the toaster oven for 30 seconds to melt the cheese
Enjoy your 5-minute garlic bread!
Product photography is representative only. Weights and portions will be as stated.