|This coarse Sea Salt has medium-sized craggy grains – great to use on the side as a visually dramatic garnish, or to add depth of flavour to your cooking.
|To preserve the quality of coarse sea salt, it’s crucial to store it in a cool, dry place, away from direct sunlight and moisture. Exposure to air and humidity can cause the salt crystals to clump together, affecting both the texture and taste. Consider transferring the coarse sea salt to an airtight container or a sealed bag to minimize contact with the air. Additionally, avoid storing it near strong odors, as salt easily absorbs and retains surrounding scents. By adhering to these storage practices, you can ensure that your coarse sea salt maintains its distinct texture and enhances the flavor of your culinary creations.
| This pack contains 500g of Coarse Sea Salt.
Your item will arrive in a 100% recycled box lovingly packed with FSC-certified shredded spruce from Britain and Sweden, natural sheep’s wool insulation and non-toxic chilled gel packs, all of which can be reused, composted or recycled. To recycle the gel packs, simply cut a corner and dispose of the contents through your normal domestic waste system, as the gel isn’t harmful to the environment. Better still, reuse them by storing in the freezer and chilling other products. The only component from our packaging that can’t be recycled are the foil liners which need to be go in household waste; the poly bags meat comes in needs to go in plastic recycling.
|COUNTRY OF ORIGIN
Here is a recipe featuring coarse sea salt:
- 1 lb. wild salmon filed 500 g
- 2 tablespoons coarse sea salt
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ cup Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon chopped chives
- Place the salmon (skin side down if it hasn’t been removed) on a foil-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle the coarse salt and paprika on top. There should be a thick coating of salt.
- Broil for 7 minutes so the salt begins to melt, burn and form a crust. Turn off the broiler but keep in the oven for another 5 minutes.
- Mix the yogurt, lemon and chives together and serve with the salmon.
We entrust DPD to deliver everything you order to mainland addresses in the UK. You can select you preferred delivery date at check-out. Next-day delivery has a cut-off time of 12pm, but please note, next-day delivery is not available on everything. Gift messages may also be added and personalised at check-out. For more information, please visit our Delivery & Returns page.