We love using pork stir fry strips in simple, healthy and quick wok dishes. Heat the wok until it’s just beginning to smoke, then add a light oil such as rapeseed or sunflower. Add the pork stir fry strips and stir quickly. Once the strips are beginning to brown, add in a mixture of chopped garlic, chilli and ginger. Next, quickly stir in soy sauce, into which you have added a large pinch of cornflour. Add spring onion, peppers and baby corn. Finally, stir in fresh egg noodles. This will give you a healthy, balanced and delicious meal in minutes.
Our free range pigs feed on grass and lead happy lives in the great British countryside. We work with trusted, local farms to make sure we have the best breeds for the season. At every stage, we support traditional farming methods and encourage a sustainable and ethical approach to meat eating. The practices our suppliers use reduce animal stress and lower food miles.
Even the best meat still requires expert preparation, so we work with master butchers who ensure our pork stir fry strips are immaculate. All our cuts are skilfully prepared by hand in time-honoured, traditional fashion. We never take short cuts and our insistence on such methods is central to maintaining the quality you have come to expect from The Black Farmer.
|SHELF LIFE||5 Days from date of delivery|
|STORAGE ADVICE||While we’d be surprised if you could resist the temptation to enjoy immediately, please keep refridgerated unless you intend to eat it right away! Otherwise all our quality meat is suitable for freezing to preserve its taste and texture, meaning you can cook and serve it when you fancy. Once it’s been frozen, please thaw your meat slowly and thoroughly, ideally in the fridge overnight. We vacuum-pack our meat to naturally extend its freshness and make it suitable for home-freezing.|
|PACKAGING||This pack weighs approximately 400g.
Your item will arrive in a 100% recycled box lovingly packed with FSC-certified shredded spruce from Britain and Sweden, natural sheep’s wool insulation and non-toxic chilled gel packs, all of which can be reused, composted or recycled. To recycle the gel packs, simply cut a corner and dispose of the contents through your normal domestic waste system, as the gel isn’t harmful to the environment. Better still, reuse them by storing in the freezer and chilling other products. The only component from our packaging that can’t be recycled are the foil liners which need to be go in household waste; the poly bags meat comes in needs to go in plastic recycling.
|COUNTRY OF ORIGIN||UK|
Here’s a simple recipe for pork stir-fry strips:
- 1 pound (450g) pork tenderloin, sliced into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 2 bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1-inch piece of ginger, grated
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: chopped green onions and sesame seeds for garnish
- In a bowl, combine the soy sauce, oyster sauce, hoisin sauce, and cornstarch. Mix well until the cornstarch is fully dissolved.
- Add the pork strips to the bowl and toss them in the sauce until they are well coated. Allow the pork to marinate for about 15-20 minutes.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add the marinated pork strips to the hot pan, reserving any excess marinade. Cook the pork for about 3-4 minutes or until it is browned and cooked through. Remove the pork from the pan and set it aside.
- In the same pan, add the sliced onion and bell peppers. Stir-fry them for 2-3 minutes until they start to soften.
- Add the minced garlic and grated ginger to the pan and continue stir-frying for an additional 1 minute until fragrant.
- Return the cooked pork to the pan and pour in the reserved marinade. Stir-fry everything together for another 2-3 minutes, allowing the flavors to combine and the sauce to thicken slightly. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Once the pork and vegetables are cooked to your liking, remove the pan from the heat.
- Garnish with chopped green onions and sesame seeds, if desired.
- Serve the pork stir-fry strips hot over steamed rice or noodles. You can also serve it with a side of vegetables for a complete meal.
Enjoy your delicious pork stir-fry strips![/vc_column_text]
Nutiritional information typical values per 100g,
|of which saturates||0 g|
|of which sugars||0 g|
We entrust DPD to deliver everything you order to mainland addresses in the UK. You can select you preferred delivery date at check-out. Next-day delivery has a cut-off time of 12pm, but please note, next-day delivery is not available on everything. Gift messages may also be added and personalised at check-out. For more information, please visit our Delivery & Returns page.