These mouth-watering pork loin steaks pair beautifully with lots of different wines, so there are many reasons why you should add them to your shopping list, your larder and your repertoire!
We source local meat from farms in Wiltshire and Somerset, and make sure that we get the very best and most sustainable breeds for the season. At every stage, we use and promote traditional, sustainable farming practices that make for happy pigs and delighted customers.
|5 Days from date of delivery
|While we’d be surprised if you could resist the temptation to enjoy immediately, please keep refridgerated unless you intend to eat it right away! Otherwise all our quality meat is suitable for freezing to preserve its taste and texture, meaning you can cook and serve it when you fancy. Once it’s been frozen, please thaw your meat slowly and thoroughly, ideally in the fridge overnight. We vacuum-pack our meat to naturally extend its freshness and make it suitable for home-freezing.
|This pack weighs approximately 400g.
Your item will arrive in a 100% recycled box lovingly packed with FSC-certified shredded spruce from Britain and Sweden, natural sheep’s wool insulation and non-toxic chilled gel packs, all of which can be reused, composted or recycled. To recycle the gel packs, simply cut a corner and dispose of the contents through your normal domestic waste system, as the gel isn’t harmful to the environment. Better still, reuse them by storing in the freezer and chilling other products. The only component from our packaging that can’t be recycled are the foil liners which need to be go in household waste; the poly bags meat comes in needs to go in plastic recycling.
|COUNTRY OF ORIGIN
Here’s a simple recipe for cooking pork loin steaks:
- 4 pork loin steaks
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme (or any other herbs of your choice)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Preheat your oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Season the pork loin steaks generously with salt and pepper on both sides. Allow them to sit at room temperature for about 15 minutes to absorb the seasoning.
- Heat a large oven-safe skillet or frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the olive oil and swirl it around to coat the bottom of the pan.
- Once the oil is hot, carefully place the pork loin steaks in the pan. Sear them for about 2-3 minutes on each side until they develop a golden-brown crust.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low. Add the minced garlic and dried thyme to the pan, and stir them around to infuse the flavors. Cook for an additional minute.
- Place small cubes of butter on top of each pork loin steak. Transfer the skillet to the preheated oven.
- Roast the pork loin steaks in the oven for about 10-15 minutes or until they reach an internal temperature of 145°F (63°C). Cooking time may vary depending on the thickness of the steaks, so it’s best to use a meat thermometer to check for doneness.
- Once the pork loin steaks are cooked to your desired level of doneness, remove them from the oven and let them rest for a few minutes to allow the juices to redistribute.
- Serve the pork loin steaks hot, garnished with any additional herbs or seasonings you prefer. They go well with roasted vegetables, mashed potatoes, or a fresh salad.
Enjoy your deliciously cooked pork loin steaks!
Nutiritional information typical values per 100g,
|of which saturates
|of which sugars
We entrust DPD to deliver everything you order to mainland addresses in the UK. You can select you preferred delivery date at check-out. Next-day delivery has a cut-off time of 12pm, but please note, next-day delivery is not available on everything. Gift messages may also be added and personalised at check-out. For more information, please visit our Delivery & Returns page.