Our free range pigs feed on grass and lead happy lives in the great British countryside. We work with trusted, local farms to make sure we have the best breeds for the season. At every stage, we support traditional farming methods and encourage a sustainable and ethical approach to meat eating. The practices our suppliers use reduce animal stress and lower food miles.
Cooking Instructions for delicious pork steak
Even the best meat still requires expert preparation, so we work with master butchers who ensure our pork steaks are of exceptionally high quality, aligned with what you have come to expect from The Black Farmer.
Pan-frying pork steak
It’s the most popular method for a reason: simplicity. All you need to get started is some oil and pork steak. To pan-fry perfect pork steak, simply:
- Heat a heavy-based or non-stick frying pan to around medium heat
- Oil the steak on both sides, rub in and season with salt, pepper and anything else you fancy
- Put the pork steak in the hot pan. Keep a close eye on it – it should take roughly 6 -7 minutes on each side, depending on the thickness of the steaks. Don’t forget to use tongs rather than a fork (a fork pierces the meat and allows the meat juices that maintain succulence and juiciness to escape)
- Cook until the fat has caramelised, then leave the steaks to rest
Grilling pork steak
For grilling or barbecuing your pork steaks, simply:
- Season your pork with a spice of your choice. We’ve gone in-depth with our Spices which complement pork guide, so give that a read if you require inspiration
- Heat the grill to high heat, then reduce to a moderate heat
- Cook the steaks for 6 to 7 minutes on each side, depending on the thickness of the steaks
- Remove and allow the steaks to rest, then serve with your favourite accompaniments
- Alternatively, if the weather permits, pop onto a prepared BBQ. The same cooking times apply, but make sure the internal temperature of the cooked steak reaches 75°C for 2 minutes using a meat thermometer
Product photography is representative only. Weights and portions will be as stated.
Shop our other meat here.