Our free range pigs feed on grass and lead happy lives in the great British countryside. We work with trusted, local farms to make sure we have the best breeds for the season. At every stage, we support traditional farming methods and encourage a sustainable and ethical approach to meat eating. The practices we promote and endorse reduce animal stress and lower food miles.
The best meat deserves the best preparation. That’s why we work with master butchers who have prepared this joint to the very highest standard. Our butchers have trimmed and tied this meat expertly so it is ready to cook and serve. This also means you can slice the pork leg boned and rolled neatly and portion it fairly. We go to this effort to maintain the quality you have come to expect from The Black Farmer.
|5 Days from date of delivery
|While we’d be surprised if you could resist the temptation to enjoy immediately, please keep refridgerated unless you intend to eat it right away! Otherwise all our quality meat is suitable for freezing to preserve its taste and texture, meaning you can cook and serve it when you fancy. Once it’s been frozen, please thaw your meat slowly and thoroughly, ideally in the fridge overnight. We vacuum-pack our meat to naturally extend its freshness and make it suitable for home-freezing.
|This pack weighs approximately 1kg.
Your item will arrive in a 100% recycled box lovingly packed with FSC-certified shredded spruce from Britain and Sweden, natural sheep’s wool insulation and non-toxic chilled gel packs, all of which can be reused, composted or recycled. To recycle the gel packs, simply cut a corner and dispose of the contents through your normal domestic waste system, as the gel isn’t harmful to the environment. Better still, reuse them by storing in the freezer and chilling other products. The only component from our packaging that can’t be recycled are the foil liners which need to be go in household waste; the poly bags meat comes in needs to go in plastic recycling.
|COUNTRY OF ORIGIN
Here’s a basic cooking instruction for pork leg that is boned and rolled:
- 1 boned and rolled pork leg (approximately 4-5 pounds)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Herbs and spices of your choice (such as rosemary, thyme, garlic powder, paprika)
- Olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 325°F (165°C).
- Take the boned and rolled pork leg out of the refrigerator and allow it to come to room temperature for about 30 minutes. This ensures even cooking.
- Season the pork leg generously with salt and pepper. You can also add your favorite herbs and spices to enhance the flavor.
- Heat a large oven-safe skillet or roasting pan over medium-high heat and add a drizzle of olive oil.
- Sear the pork leg on all sides until nicely browned. This step helps to seal in the juices and adds flavor. It should take about 5-7 minutes.
- Once seared, transfer the pork leg to a roasting rack set inside the roasting pan or place it directly into a roasting pan if you don’t have a rack.
- Place the roasting pan with the pork leg into the preheated oven.
- Roast the pork leg for about 20-25 minutes per pound (45-55 minutes per kilogram), or until the internal temperature reaches 145°F (63°C). Use a meat thermometer to check the temperature.
- Baste the pork leg with its own juices every 20-30 minutes during cooking to keep it moist and flavorful. If the pork leg starts to brown too quickly, you can cover it loosely with aluminum foil.
- Once the internal temperature reaches 145°F (63°C), remove the pork leg from the oven and tent it loosely with foil. Let it rest for about 10-15 minutes. This allows the juices to redistribute throughout the meat and ensures tenderness.
- After resting, carve the pork leg into thin slices and serve. You can serve it with roasted vegetables, mashed potatoes, or your preferred side dishes.
Enjoy your delicious boned and rolled pork leg!
Note: Cooking times may vary depending on the size and thickness of the pork leg, so it’s essential to use a meat thermometer to ensure it’s cooked to the desired doneness.
Nutiritional information typical values per 100g,
|of which saturates
|of which sugars
We entrust DPD to deliver everything you order to mainland addresses in the UK. You can select you preferred delivery date at check-out. Next-day delivery has a cut-off time of 12pm, but please note, next-day delivery is not available on everything. Gift messages may also be added and personalised at check-out. For more information, please visit our Delivery & Returns page.