Serve pork belly slices with a beautiful cider sauce by reducing a cup of apple juice. Once it’s a syrup, add a cup of cider and repeat the process. Finally, add a cup of cream to the apple juice and cider reduction and heat through. Season to taste. Serve with runner beans and steamed new potatoes.
The best meat deserves the best preparation. That’s why we work with master butchers who have prepared these pork belly slices to the very highest standard. Our butchers have boned and sliced this meat expertly so it is ready to cook and serve. We go to this effort to maintain the quality you have come to expect from The Black Farmer.
Our free range pigs feed on grass and lead happy lives in the great British countryside. We work with trusted, local farms to make sure we have the best breeds for the season. At every stage, we support traditional farming methods and encourage a sustainable and ethical approach to meat eating. The practices our trusted suppliers use reduce animal stress and lower food miles.
|5 Days from date of delivery
|While we’d be surprised if you could resist the temptation to enjoy immediately, please keep refridgerated unless you intend to eat it right away! Otherwise all our quality meat is suitable for freezing to preserve its taste and texture, meaning you can cook and serve it when you fancy. Once it’s been frozen, please thaw your meat slowly and thoroughly, ideally in the fridge overnight. We vacuum-pack our meat to naturally extend its freshness and make it suitable for home-freezing.
|This pack contains 3-4 pieces of belly pork.
Your item will arrive in a 100% recycled box lovingly packed with FSC-certified shredded spruce from Britain and Sweden, natural sheep’s wool insulation and non-toxic chilled gel packs, all of which can be reused, composted or recycled. To recycle the gel packs, simply cut a corner and dispose of the contents through your normal domestic waste system, as the gel isn’t harmful to the environment. Better still, reuse them by storing in the freezer and chilling other products. The only component from our packaging that can’t be recycled are the foil liners which need to be go in household waste; the poly bags meat comes in needs to go in plastic recycling.
|COUNTRY OF ORIGIN
Here’s a simple cooking instruction for pork belly slices:
- Pork belly slices
- Black pepper
- Cooking oil
- Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C) or heat a skillet over medium heat if you prefer stovetop cooking.
- If your pork belly slices are not pre-seasoned, season them generously with salt and black pepper on both sides. Let them sit for a few minutes to allow the flavors to penetrate the meat.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add a small amount of cooking oil. Alternatively, you can use a non-stick baking tray if you’re using the oven.
- Place the pork belly slices in the skillet or on the baking tray, making sure they are not overcrowded. Cook them for about 3-4 minutes on each side, or until they develop a crispy golden-brown crust. If using the oven, place the tray with the pork belly slices in the preheated oven and bake for about 15-20 minutes, or until they are cooked through and crispy.
- Once the pork belly slices are cooked to your desired level of crispiness, remove them from the skillet or oven and transfer them to a plate lined with paper towels. This will help absorb any excess oil.
- Let the pork belly slices rest for a few minutes before serving. This will allow the juices to redistribute within the meat, resulting in a more flavorful and tender dish.
- Serve the pork belly slices as a main course with your favorite side dishes, or use them in sandwiches, tacos, or salads. They are also delicious when served with steamed rice or mashed potatoes.
Enjoy your crispy and delicious pork belly slices!
|of which saturates
|of which sugars
We entrust DPD to deliver everything you order to mainland addresses in the UK. You can select you preferred delivery date at check-out. Next-day delivery has a cut-off time of 12pm, but please note, next-day delivery is not available on everything. Gift messages may also be added and personalised at check-out. For more information, please visit our Delivery & Returns page.