The best meat deserves the best preparation. That’s why we work with master butchers who have prepared this pork belly to the very highest standard. Our butchers have trimmed this meat expertly so it is ready to cook and serve. This also means you can slice neatly and portion it fairly. We go to this effort to maintain the quality you have come to expect from The Black Farmer.
Our free range pigs feed on grass and lead happy lives in the great British countryside. We work with trusted, local farms to make sure we have the best breeds for the season. At every stage, we support traditional farming methods and encourage a sustainable and ethical approach to meat eating. The practices our trusted suppliers use reduce animal stress and lower food miles.
|5 Days from date of delivery
|While we’d be surprised if you could resist the temptation to enjoy immediately, please keep refridgerated unless you intend to eat it right away! Otherwise all our quality meat is suitable for freezing to preserve its taste and texture, meaning you can cook and serve it when you fancy. Once it’s been frozen, please thaw your meat slowly and thoroughly, ideally in the fridge overnight. We vacuum-pack our meat to naturally extend its freshness and make it suitable for home-freezing.
|This pack contains 1 piece.
Your item will arrive in a 100% recycled box lovingly packed with FSC-certified shredded spruce from Britain and Sweden, natural sheep’s wool insulation and non-toxic chilled gel packs, all of which can be reused, composted or recycled. To recycle the gel packs, simply cut a corner and dispose of the contents through your normal domestic waste system, as the gel isn’t harmful to the environment. Better still, reuse them by storing in the freezer and chilling other products. The only component from our packaging that can’t be recycled are the foil liners which need to be go in household waste; the poly bags meat comes in needs to go in plastic recycling.
|COUNTRY OF ORIGIN
Here’s a basic recipe and cooking instructions for pork belly:
- 2 pounds (900 grams) of pork belly
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey or brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: spices or herbs of your choice (e.g., five-spice powder, chili flakes, thyme, etc.)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Pat dry the pork belly using paper towels. This will help ensure a crispy skin.
- Score the skin of the pork belly using a sharp knife. Make shallow cuts about 1/4 inch apart across the surface. This will help the fat render and the skin to crisp up nicely.
- Rub salt and pepper all over the pork belly, including the skin.
- Heat a large oven-safe skillet or roasting pan over medium-high heat. Add the vegetable oil and allow it to get hot.
- Place the pork belly, skin-side down, into the hot skillet. Sear it for about 5 minutes or until the skin becomes golden brown and crispy.
- Flip the pork belly over so that the skin side is facing up.
- In a small bowl, mix together the minced garlic, soy sauce, honey or brown sugar, and rice vinegar. If you’re using additional spices or herbs, add them to the mixture as well.
- Pour the mixture over the pork belly, making sure to coat it evenly.
- Transfer the skillet or roasting pan into the preheated oven.
- Roast the pork belly for approximately 1.5 to 2 hours or until the meat is tender and the internal temperature reaches 145°F (63°C).
- Baste the pork belly with the juices from the pan every 30 minutes to keep it moist and flavorful.
- Once cooked, remove the pork belly from the oven and let it rest for about 10 minutes before slicing.
- Slice the pork belly into desired portions and serve with your favorite side dishes, such as steamed rice, roasted vegetables, or a fresh salad.
Enjoy your deliciously cooked pork belly!
Nutiritional information typical values per 100g,
|of which saturates
|of which sugars
We entrust DPD to deliver everything you order to mainland addresses in the UK. You can select you preferred delivery date at check-out. Next-day delivery has a cut-off time of 12pm, but please note, next-day delivery is not available on everything. Gift messages may also be added and personalised at check-out. For more information, please visit our Delivery & Returns page.