|COUNTRY OF ORIGIN||UK|
Cooking a pig’s head can be a complex and time-consuming process, but here’s a simplified version of a cooking instruction:
1. Prepare the pig’s head: Make sure the head is thoroughly cleaned and hair-free. Remove the eyes, ears, and snout if desired. Rinse the head under cold water and pat it dry.
2. Season the head: Rub the head with a mixture of salt, pepper, and any desired herbs or spices. You can use a combination of garlic, thyme, rosemary, or other flavors you prefer. Make sure to season the head inside and out.
3. Roasting: Preheat your oven to around 350°F (175°C). Place the pig’s head on a roasting rack or in a large roasting pan. Roast the head uncovered for about 3-4 hours, or until the skin turns crispy and the internal temperature reaches a safe minimum of 145°F (63°C).
4. Basting: While the pig’s head is roasting, you can occasionally baste it with its own juices or a mixture of melted butter and herbs. This will help keep it moist and add extra flavor.
5. Resting: Once cooked, remove the pig’s head from the oven and let it rest for about 10-15 minutes. This allows the juices to redistribute and makes it easier to handle.
6. Carving and serving: Carve the pig’s head into desired portions, such as the cheeks, jowls, or other meaty areas. Serve it hot with your favorite side dishes, sauces, or condiments.
Remember, cooking a pig’s head requires advanced culinary skills and proper handling of the ingredients. It’s recommended to consult detailed recipes or seek professional advice to ensure the best results and safe preparation.
Nutiritional information typical values per 140g,
|of which saturates||0 g|
|of which sugars||0 g|
We entrust DPD to deliver everything you order to mainland addresses in the UK. You can select you preferred delivery date at check-out. Next-day delivery has a cut-off time of 12pm, but please note, next-day delivery is not available on everything. Gift messages may also be added and personalised at check-out. For more information, please visit our Delivery & Returns page.