Like corned beef, pastrami was originally created as a way to preserve meat before the invention of refrigeration. Generally, pastrami has the combined taste of sausage and roast beef.
This pack contains approximately 4 pieces.
New York Deli Pastrami Sandwich Recipe
- 1 rye bloomer, or other bread of your choice
- 1 tsp mustard
- 2 slices pastrami beef
- 2 thin slices Swiss cheese, or other hard cheese
- 1 ripe tomato, thinly sliced
- Lettuce leaves
- 2 tsp mayonnaise
- To serve, crisps of your choice (optional)
- Cut 2 slices from the bloomer, or bread of your choice, and spread a little mustard over one slice
- Top with the pastrami beef, Swiss cheese or other hard cheese, tomato slices and a few lettuce leaves
- Spread a thin layer of mayonnaise on the other slice of bread and put on top of the sandwich
- Cut in half and serve with crisps, if you like
Product photography is representative only. Weights and portions will be as stated.