The best meat deserves the best preparation. That’s why we work with master butchers who have prepared this mini pork roasting joint to the very highest standard. Our butchers have trimmed and tied this meat expertly so it is ready to cook and serve. This means you can slice the mini pork roasting joint easily and portion it fairly.
The Black Farmer makes sure that we get the absolute best and most sustainable breeds for the season. By working with local produce and farmers, we promote and encourage a sustainable and ethical approach to meat eating. This approach reduces animal stress and lowers food miles as much as possible.
|SHELF LIFE||5 Days from date of delivery|
|STORAGE ADVICE||While we’d be surprised if you could resist the temptation to enjoy immediately, please keep refridgerated unless you intend to eat it right away! Otherwise all our quality meat is suitable for freezing to preserve its taste and texture, meaning you can cook and serve it when you fancy. Once it’s been frozen, please thaw your meat slowly and thoroughly, ideally in the fridge overnight. We vacuum-pack our meat to naturally extend its freshness and make it suitable for home-freezing.|
|PACKAGING||This pack contains 1 piece.
Your item will arrive in a 100% recycled box lovingly packed with FSC-certified shredded spruce from Britain and Sweden, natural sheep’s wool insulation and non-toxic chilled gel packs, all of which can be reused, composted or recycled. To recycle the gel packs, simply cut a corner and dispose of the contents through your normal domestic waste system, as the gel isn’t harmful to the environment. Better still, reuse them by storing in the freezer and chilling other products. The only component from our packaging that can’t be recycled are the foil liners which need to be go in household waste; the poly bags meat comes in needs to go in plastic recycling.
|COUNTRY OF ORIGIN||UK|
Here’s a basic cooking instruction for a mini pork roasting joint:
- Mini pork roasting joint (approximately 1-2 pounds)
- Olive oil
- Herbs and spices (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Take the mini pork roasting joint out of the packaging and pat it dry with paper towels. This will help the seasoning adhere better and ensure a crispy exterior.
- Season the pork roast generously with salt and pepper. You can also add your choice of herbs and spices, such as garlic powder, paprika, rosemary, or thyme, to enhance the flavor.
- Heat a small amount of olive oil in an oven-safe skillet or roasting pan over medium-high heat. Once the oil is hot, carefully add the pork roast to the pan, fat side down, and sear it for about 2-3 minutes until it develops a golden-brown crust. Flip it over and sear the other side as well.
- Once the pork roast is seared, transfer the skillet or roasting pan to the preheated oven. If you don’t have an oven-safe pan, you can transfer the roast to a baking dish or a roasting tray.
- Roast the pork for approximately 20-25 minutes per pound. For example, if you have a 1.5-pound roast, it would take around 30-37 minutes. However, cooking times can vary, so it’s best to use a meat thermometer to ensure the internal temperature reaches 145°F (63°C) for medium-rare or 160°F (71°C) for medium doneness.
- Remember to periodically baste the pork roast with the pan juices to keep it moist and flavorful. You can use a basting brush or a spoon for this.
- Once the pork roast reaches the desired internal temperature, remove it from the oven and let it rest for about 10-15 minutes before carving. This allows the juices to redistribute throughout the meat and results in a more tender and juicy roast.
- Slice the mini pork roasting joint against the grain into thin slices and serve it with your favorite side dishes like roasted vegetables, mashed potatoes, or a fresh salad.
Enjoy your mini pork roasting joint!
Nutiritional information typical values per 100g,
|of which saturates||5.3 g|
|of which sugars||0 g|
We entrust DPD to deliver everything you order to mainland addresses in the UK. You can select you preferred delivery date at check-out. Next-day delivery has a cut-off time of 12pm, but please note, next-day delivery is not available on everything. Gift messages may also be added and personalised at check-out. For more information, please visit our Delivery & Returns page.