Why vegetable waxes?
- Vegetable wax candles generally burn longer than paraffin candles and throw the scent further.
- Paraffin is a refined gasoline by-product containing several carcinogen (cancer-causing) compounds, considered toxic by various environmental agencies. When burnt, its soot particles so small, they can potentially penetrate deep into the lung.
- Vegetable wax, unlike paraffin wax, is 100% biodegradable.
- Vegetable wax can be easily cleaned with soap and water while paraffin wax spills are very difficult to remove.
- Paraffin wax candles leave black residues on containers and walls, giving an indication of their harmful contents.
Browse our other PAUSE products here.