Leg of Lamb
£38.66 – £77.32
£30.93 – £61.86
The Black Farmer whole leg of lamb is a thing of beauty. As a large cut, leg of lamb is ideal for Sunday roasts or dinner parties with up to ten people. The meat is lean and tender, in line with its status as a prime cut. If you’re looking to impress with a restaurant-style dish, lamb leg is a fine choice.
A whole leg of lamb weighs over 2kg. If your order is for our 1.2kg option, it will be a half leg of lamb!
Remove the lamb leg from the fridge at least an hour before cooking. Rub lightly in rosemary and olive oil, then spike with rosemary and thinly sliced garlic. Roast in the oven to your liking, before basting with herbs and foaming butter. Make sure you leave time for the joint to rest and check seasoning. Serve with fondant potatoes, vichy carrots and sliced runner beans. To add a traditional and delicious final touch, rustle up some homemade English mint sauce for the table. We suggest serving the lamb pink; with a bit of practice, you’ll get it perfect every time.
Even the best meat still requires expert preparation, so we work with master butchers who ensure our whole lamb leg is immaculate. All our cuts are skilfully prepared by hand in time-honoured, traditional fashion. We never compromise on our standards, which is central to maintaining the quality you have come to expect. When choosing a cut of lamb, look for firm, fine-grained meat with a velvety texture; it should be moist, rather than dry or slimy.
The Black Farmer works with local produce and farmers to promote a sustainable and ethical approach to meat eating. This reduces animal stress and lowers food miles as much as possible.
Product photography is representative only. Sizes and thicknesses may vary. Weights and portions will be as stated.
|Experience the epitome of succulent tenderness with our Leg of Lamb at The Black Farmer. Sourced from ethically raised lambs, our leg of lamb is a prime cut that embodies the highest standards of quality and flavor. Each leg is expertly prepared and trimmed, showcasing the natural richness and juiciness that sets it apart. With its melt-in-your-mouth texture and exquisite taste, our leg of lamb is perfect for creating memorable feasts and special occasions. Whether roasted to perfection, marinated with your favorite herbs and spices, or slow-cooked for tender perfection, our leg of lamb is a centerpiece that will impress and delight your guests.
|To maintain the freshness and quality of your leg of lamb, it is recommended to store it in the refrigerator at a temperature of 32°F to 40°F (0°C to 4°C). If the leg of lamb is packaged, keep it in its original wrapping or transfer it to an airtight container or resealable plastic bag. Properly stored, a leg of lamb can be refrigerated for up to 3-5 days. If you plan to store it for a longer period, you can also freeze the leg of lamb. Wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and aluminum foil or place it in a freezer-safe bag or container. Frozen leg of lamb can maintain its quality for approximately 6-12 months. When ready to use, thaw the leg of lamb in the refrigerator before cooking for the best results.
|This pack contains 1 piece.
Your item will arrive in a 100% recycled box lovingly packed with FSC-certified shredded spruce from Britain and Sweden, natural sheep’s wool insulation and non-toxic chilled gel packs, all of which can be reused, composted or recycled. To recycle the gel packs, simply cut a corner and dispose of the contents through your normal domestic waste system, as the gel isn’t harmful to the environment. Better still, reuse them by storing in the freezer and chilling other products. The only component from our packaging that can’t be recycled are the foil liners which need to be go in household waste; the poly bags meat comes in needs to go in plastic recycling.
|COUNTRY OF ORIGIN
Here’s cooking instruction for a leg of lamb:
1. Preheat your oven to 350°F (175°C).
2. Prepare the leg of lamb by removing any excess fat and trimming the meat if needed. Pat it dry with paper towels.
3. Season the lamb generously with salt, pepper, and any desired herbs or spices. Common choices include rosemary, thyme, garlic, and lemon zest.
4. Heat a large oven-safe skillet or roasting pan over medium-high heat. Add a bit of oil or butter and sear the leg of lamb on all sides until nicely browned. This helps seal in the juices.
5. Once seared, transfer the lamb to the preheated oven. Roast for about 20 minutes per pound (450 grams) of meat. A meat thermometer inserted into the thickest part should read 145°F (63°C) for medium-rare, 160°F (71°C) for medium, or 170°F (77°C) for well done.
6. While the lamb is roasting, you can baste it occasionally with the pan juices to keep it moist and flavorful.
7. Once the lamb reaches your desired level of doneness, remove it from the oven and let it rest for about 10-15 minutes. This allows the juices to redistribute, resulting in a tender and juicy roast.
8. Carve the leg of lamb into thin slices and serve with your favorite sides, such as roasted potatoes, steamed vegetables, or a fresh salad.
Enjoy your delicious leg of lamb!
Nutiritional information typical values per 100g,
|of which saturates
|of which sugars
We entrust DPD to deliver everything you order to mainland addresses in the UK. You can select you preferred delivery date at check-out. Next-day delivery has a cut-off time of 12pm, but please note, next-day delivery is not available on everything. Gift messages may also be added and personalised at check-out. For more information, please visit our Delivery & Returns page.