Lamb Butterfly Leg Whole 1kg
This boneless joint of lamb leg butterflied is the very best part of the lamb leg with the shank, chump and bone removed. Delicious simply roasted ‘Low n Slow’ or barbecued, it cooks beautifully and quickly.
This cut of lamb (leg butterflied) is tender and juicy. Even the best meat still requires expert preparation, so we work with master butchers who ensure that our lamb leg butterflied lives up to the exceptionally high standards expected with The Black Farmer.
The Black Farmer have been working with the best local suppliers since our inception. We source highest-quality lamb from the South West of England, which is fed on grass and free to graze the lush fields that abound in the area. By working with local produce and farmers, we promote and encourage a sustainable and ethical approach to meat eating, which reduces animal stress and lowers food miles as much as possible.
Product photography is representative only. Weights and portions will be as stated.
Shop our other meat here.
|Experience the exceptional quality and mouthwatering flavors of our Lamb Butterfly Leg Whole at The Black Farmer. Sourced from ethically raised lambs, this whole leg showcases the artistry of butchery and the finest cuts of tender, succulent meat. Carefully trimmed and expertly prepared, our Lamb Butterfly Leg offers convenience and versatility for your culinary creations. Whether roasted to perfection, marinated for grilling, or slow-cooked for tender, melt-in-your-mouth results, this premium cut promises an unforgettable dining experience. Embrace the rich flavors and succulence of our Lamb Butterfly Leg while supporting sustainable farming practices.
|To maintain the freshness and quality of the Lamb Butterfly Leg Whole, it is recommended to store it in the refrigerator at a temperature of 32°F to 40°F (0°C to 4°C). Keep the lamb leg in its original packaging or wrap it tightly in plastic wrap to prevent exposure to air and potential cross-contamination. Stored correctly, the Lamb Butterfly Leg Whole can be refrigerated for up to 3-4 days. If you plan to store it for a longer period, you can also freeze the lamb leg. Wrap it tightly in plastic wrap and aluminum foil or place it in a freezer-safe bag or container. Frozen Lamb Butterfly Leg Whole can maintain its quality for approximately 6-9 months. When ready to use, thaw the lamb leg in the refrigerator before cooking for the best results.
|This pack contains 1 piece.
Your item will arrive in a 100% recycled box lovingly packed with FSC-certified shredded spruce from Britain and Sweden, natural sheep’s wool insulation and non-toxic chilled gel packs, all of which can be reused, composted or recycled. To recycle the gel packs, simply cut a corner and dispose of the contents through your normal domestic waste system, as the gel isn’t harmful to the environment. Better still, reuse them by storing in the freezer and chilling other products. The only component from our packaging that can’t be recycled are the foil liners which need to be go in household waste; the poly bags meat comes in needs to go in plastic recycling.
|COUNTRY OF ORIGIN
Cooking Instructions for Lamb Butterfly Leg Whole:
1. Preheat your oven to 375°F (190°C).
2. Take the lamb butterfly leg whole out of the packaging and place it on a clean cutting board.
3. Season the lamb generously with salt and pepper on both sides. You can also add any other desired herbs or spices to enhance the flavor.
4. Heat a large oven-safe skillet or roasting pan over medium-high heat on the stovetop. Add a small amount of oil or butter to the pan and let it melt.
5. Carefully place the seasoned lamb butterfly leg in the hot pan, fat side down, and sear it for about 3-4 minutes until it develops a golden brown crust.
6. Flip the lamb over and sear the other side for an additional 3-4 minutes.
7. Once the lamb is seared on both sides, transfer the pan to the preheated oven. Cook the lamb for approximately 20-25 minutes per pound (450-550 grams) of meat. For example, if your lamb butterfly leg weighs 2 pounds (900 grams), it will take around 40-50 minutes to cook.
8. Insert a meat thermometer into the thickest part of the lamb without touching the bone. The internal temperature should read 145°F (63°C) for medium-rare, 160°F (71°C) for medium, or 170°F (77°C) for well-done lamb.
9. Once the lamb reaches your desired doneness, remove it from the oven and cover it loosely with foil. Allow it to rest for about 10-15 minutes to let the juices redistribute.
10. After resting, slice the lamb butterfly leg into thin, even slices and serve it hot. It pairs well with roasted vegetables, mashed potatoes, or a fresh salad.
Note: Cooking times may vary depending on the size of the lamb butterfly leg and your desired level of doneness. Always use a meat thermometer to ensure the lamb is cooked to your preference.
Nutiritional information typical values per 100g,
|of which saturates
|of which sugars
We entrust DPD to deliver everything you order to mainland addresses in the UK. You can select you preferred delivery date at check-out. Next-day delivery has a cut-off time of 12pm, but please note, next-day delivery is not available on everything. Gift messages may also be added and personalised at check-out. For more information, please visit our Delivery & Returns page.