This plentiful whole lamb leg on the bone is of the finest quality and is perfect for Sunday lunches and special occasions alike, with generous helpings of rich, succulent meat on the bone for the best flavour. For the best finish, roast long and slow so the sweet meat can tenderise gradually and serve with traditional roast potatoes, homemade Yorkshire puddings, and fresh mint sauce.
Even the best meat still requires expert preparation, so we work with master butchers who ensure that our lamb is up to the exceptional standard you’ve come to expect from The Black Farmer.
The Black Farmer have been working with the best local suppliers since our inception. We source highest-quality lamb from the South West of England, which is fed on grass and free to graze the lush fields that abound in the area. By working with local produce and farmers, we promote and encourage a sustainable and ethical approach to meat eating, which reduces animal stress and lowers food miles as much as possible.
Slow Roast Leg of Lamb recipe
This Slow Roast Leg of Lamb is going to take your next Sunday roast to a whole new level! It’s ultra easy. It does take patience, but you’ll be rewarded with tender lamb leg that can be pulled off the bone.
- 1 (5 to 6 pound) trimmed bone-in leg of lamb
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a roasting pan with aluminium foil.
- Pat lamb dry with paper towels. Using a sharp knife, score the top side of the lamb by making shallow cuts all over.
- In a small bowl, combine garlic, olive oil, rosemary, thyme, Dijon, salt and pepper.
- Place lamb, fat side up, on a rack in the prepared roasting pan. Spread garlic mixture evenly over the lamb, rubbing in thoroughly into the scored cuts.
- Place into oven and roast until it reaches an internal temperature of 135 degrees F for medium, about 1 hour 30 minutes to 1 hour 45 minutes, or until desired doneness. Let rest 15 minutes before slicing.
- Serve immediately with mini hasselback potatoes.
Product photography is representative only. Weights and portions will be as stated. Pack contains approximately 1 piece.
Shop our other meat here.