By combining perfect lamb chops with our own special hot & spicy marinade, we have created an outstanding, grown-up dish that’s perfect for special occasions. Black pepper provides a pleasant and lasting heat, and natural, spicy flavours that excite the palate. Our premium spicy BBQ lamb chops have been carefully packaged so that the marinade is absorbed into the meat, adding a depth of flavour right down to the last bite.
Lamb Chops are the most popular joint of lamb for a good reason. They come from the loin, which is the most tender part, making the BBQ lamb chops lean and full of flavour. By cooking on the bone, you enhance the taste and ensure that the meat stays tender. When choosing a cut of lamb, look for firm, fine-grained meat with a velvety texture; it should be moist, rather than dry or slimy. We work with traditional expert butchers to make sure that every cut is of the highest standard, helping with flavour, ease-of-cooking, and presentation.
The Black Farmer works with the best local suppliers. We source highest-quality lamb from the South West of England, which is fed on grass and free to graze the lush fields that abound in the area. By working with local produce and farmers, we promote and encourage a sustainable and ethical approach to meat eating, which reduces animal stress and lowers food miles as much as possible.
The Black Farmer hot & spicy lamb chops are also suitable for home freezing. Make sure that you defrost the meat slowly and thoroughly before cooking. The easiest way is simply to leave in the fridge overnight.
- Place a large frying pan over a medium heat. Season the chops on both sides with salt and pepper and once the pan is hot, stand the chops upright in the pan with the thin fatty edge touching the pan
- Render down the fat for a few minutes until golden and crisp. If not much fat has rendered out and the pan is still quite dry, add a small dash of oil
- Knock the chops onto their sides and cook for 2 minutes
- Flip the chops over and cook for 1 minute before adding a knob of butter with the rosemary and garlic. Baste in the rosemary and garlic-infused butter for 1 minute, then remove the chops from the pan onto a plate and pour over the butter and juices
- Cover with foil and rest for a couple of minutes before serving
Product photography is representative only. As these products are freshly butchered for your order, sizes and thicknesses may vary. Weights and portions will be as stated.
The shelf life of this product is 12 days from date of delivery. This pack contains approximately 2 pieces.