Gammon steak is delicious with a traditional parsley sauce, steamed potatoes and seasonal vegetables. It is best simply to grill it either in the over or in a griddle pan. For a gastro pub style lunch or dinner, serve it with buttery fried eggs, homemade chunky chips and a generous spoonful of English mustard. For an amazing lunch, we love these steaks in a warm baguette with rocket and piccalilli.
Our free range pork comes from the best, local suppliers. We have always been very selective. We source local meat from farms in Wiltshire and Somerset, and make sure that we get the very best and most sustainable breeds for the season. At every stage, we promote traditional, sustainable farming practices that make for happy pigs and delighted customers. Free range practices make for happier, healthier pigs and result in a far more delicious product. Add this gammon steak to your basket and we’re sure you will agree.
The best meat deserves the best preparation. That’s why we work with master butchers who have prepared our gammon steak to the very highest standard. We go to this effort to maintain the quality you have come to expect from The Black Farmer.
|5 Days from date of delivery
|While we’d be surprised if you could resist the temptation to enjoy immediately, please keep refridgerated unless you intend to eat it right away! Otherwise all our quality meat is suitable for freezing to preserve its taste and texture, meaning you can cook and serve it when you fancy. Once it’s been frozen, please thaw your meat slowly and thoroughly, ideally in the fridge overnight. We vacuum-pack our meat to naturally extend its freshness and make it suitable for home-freezing.
|This pack contains 2 pieces. Your item will arrive in a 100% recycled box lovingly packed with FSC-certified shredded spruce from Britain and Sweden, natural sheep’s wool insulation and non-toxic chilled gel packs, all of which can be reused, composted or recycled. To recycle the gel packs, simply cut a corner and dispose of the contents through your normal domestic waste system, as the gel isn’t harmful to the environment. Better still, reuse them by storing in the freezer and chilling other products. The only component from our packaging that can’t be recycled are the foil liners which need to be go in household waste; the poly bags meat comes in in need to go in plastic recycling.
|COUNTRY OF ORIGIN
Here’s a basic cooking instruction for gammon steak:
- Gammon steak
- Olive oil or cooking oil of your choice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Optional: any desired seasonings or marinades
- Preheat your grill or frying pan over medium-high heat. If you’re using a grill, make sure it’s well-oiled to prevent sticking.
- Take the gammon steak out of the packaging and pat it dry with a paper towel. This helps remove excess moisture and promotes better browning.
- If desired, you can marinate the gammon steak beforehand with your favorite seasonings or marinade. Allow it to marinate for at least 30 minutes or overnight in the refrigerator for more flavor.
- Once the grill or frying pan is heated, lightly brush the gammon steak with olive oil or any cooking oil of your choice. This will help prevent sticking and promote browning.
- Place the gammon steak onto the grill or frying pan and cook for about 4-5 minutes on each side. The exact cooking time may vary depending on the thickness of the steak. You want to achieve a golden-brown color on the outside.
- While cooking, season the steak with salt and pepper to taste. You can also add any additional seasonings you prefer, such as garlic powder, paprika, or herbs.
- Use a meat thermometer to check the internal temperature of the steak. For a medium-rare gammon steak, the internal temperature should reach around 145°F (63°C). If you prefer it more well-done, you can cook it to an internal temperature of 160°F (71°C).
- Once the desired doneness is reached, remove the gammon steak from the heat and let it rest for a few minutes. This allows the juices to redistribute throughout the meat, resulting in a juicier steak.
- Serve the gammon steak with your favorite side dishes, such as roasted vegetables, mashed potatoes, or a fresh salad.
Enjoy your delicious gammon steak!
Nutiritional information typical values per 170g,
|of which saturates
|of which sugars
We entrust DPD to deliver everything you order to mainland addresses in the UK. You can select you preferred delivery date at check-out. Next-day delivery has a cut-off time of 12pm, but please note, next-day delivery is not available on everything. Gift messages may also be added and personalised at check-out. For more information, please visit our Delivery & Returns page.