We suggest wrapping faggots in The Black Farmer middle bacon. Once wrapped, place them on a lightly greased baking paper and bake them in a medium oven for 45 minutes to an hour. While cooking, make mashed potato with a good amount of butter and a bit of grated nutmeg. Reserve some of the juices from cooking. Gently heat through fresh peas in a frying pan with butter, water and the cooking juices. Serve the faggots on top of the mash and pour the peas and juices around the outside.
Offal when prepared like this is totally delicious and very good for you. It is a good idea to introduce different cuts into your repertoire, as making the most of each animal is more sustainable for the environment. Faggots are inexpensive and offer great flavour for the cost.
The best ingredients deserve the best preparation. That’s why we work with master butchers who have prepared our faggots to the very highest standard. This means they are perfectly seasoned and ready to cook and serve.
We work with the best local suppliers. Our highest-quality meat comes from the south west of England. Traditional farming practices make for happier, healthier pigs and result in a far more delicious product. Add these faggots to your basket and we’re sure you will agree.
This pack contains approximately 2 pieces.
1. Remove all packaging and transfer faggots and sauce into a similar size microwaveable dish and cover with a loose fitting lid. Note: If lid is frozen to the product, remove foil tray and place in microwave on full power for 10 seconds (850W) / 15 seconds (650W), then remove lid and cook as follows:
2. Heat on full power for: 650 Watt Category B 7 minutes, 850 Watt Category E 7 minutes
3. Stir the sauce, turn the faggots over with a fork a replace lid.
4. Heat on full power for: 650 Watt Category B 6 minutes, 850 Watt Category E 4 minutes
5. Allow to stand for 1 minute. Stir sauce before serving.
This product has a shelf life of 12 days from the date of delivery.
Product photography is representative only. As these products are freshly butchered for your order, sizes and thicknesses may vary. Weights and portions will be as stated.