We work with the best local suppliers and always insist on the finest-quality free-range chicken thigh fillets. Our chickens are free to roam and reared slowly. They are fed on locally grown cereals and have constant access to water and fresh bedding. This not only means for a happier life but also leads to a fuller flavour and superior texture. The birds enjoy fresh air, get plenty of exercise and are able to spread their wings.
We source local meat from farms in Wiltshire, Somerset and the South West, which use traditional, time-honoured methods. The Black Farmer actively endorses and promotes a sustainable and ethical approach to meat eating, which reduces animal stress and lowers food miles as much as possible.
The Black Farmer never cuts corners, so these and all our free-range chicken products are prepared by traditional expert butchers. This makes our free range chicken thigh fillets easy to present beautifully.
|5 Days from date of delivery
|The Black Farmer vacuum pack our meat, so it stays fresh for longer. It is also suitable for freezing for those of you who want to be prepared for a last-minute gathering. If you do choose to freeze your free range chicken diced breast fillet, make sure it is defrosted thoroughly before cooking.
This pack contains approximately 400g of chicken.
Your item will arrive in a 100% recycled box lovingly packed with FSC-certified shredded spruce from Britain and Sweden, natural sheep’s wool insulation and non-toxic chilled gel packs, all of which can be reused, composted or recycled.
To recycle the gel packs, simply cut a corner and dispose of the contents through your normal domestic waste system, as the gel isn’t harmful to the environment.
Better still, reuse them by storing in the freezer and chilling other products.
The only component from our packaging that can’t be recycled are the foil liners which need to be go in household waste; the poly bags meat comes in needs to go in plastic recycling.
|COUNTRY OF ORIGIN
To cook boneless and skinless chicken thigh fillets, here are some cooking instructions:
1. Season the chicken: Sprinkle salt, pepper, and any desired seasonings on both sides of the chicken thigh fillets. You can also add herbs or spices like garlic powder, paprika, or dried herbs for extra flavor.
2. Preheat the pan: Heat a non-stick skillet or frying pan over medium-high heat. Add a small amount of cooking oil (such as olive oil or vegetable oil) and let it heat up.
3. Sear the chicken: Place the chicken thigh fillets in the hot pan, presentation side down (the side you want to show). Allow them to cook for about 4-5 minutes or until golden brown. Avoid overcrowding the pan; you may need to cook the chicken in batches.
4. Flip and cook: Flip the chicken thigh fillets using tongs or a spatula. Reduce the heat to medium and continue cooking for another 4-5 minutes or until the chicken reaches an internal temperature of 165°F (74°C). Cooking times may vary depending on the thickness of the fillets.
5. Rest and serve: Remove the cooked chicken from the pan and transfer it to a plate or cutting board. Let it rest for a few minutes to retain its juiciness. Serve the chicken as desired, either as a main dish, in salads, or as a filling for sandwiches.
Remember, always use a meat thermometer to ensure that the chicken is cooked through. The juices should run clear, and there should be no pinkness in the center. Enjoy your delicious boneless and skinless chicken thigh fillets!
Nutiritional information typical values per 100g,
|of which saturates
|of which sugars
We entrust DPD to deliver everything you order to mainland addresses in the UK. You can select you preferred delivery date at check-out. Next-day delivery has a cut-off time of 12pm, but please note, next-day delivery is not available on everything. Gift messages may also be added and personalised at check-out. For more information, please visit our Delivery & Returns page.