|COUNTRY OF ORIGIN||UK|
Cooking instructions for braising steak weighing 400g:
1. Preheat your oven to 160°C (320°F).
2. Season the braising steak with salt and pepper to taste.
3. Heat a large, oven-safe skillet or Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
4. Add a small amount of cooking oil to the pan and swirl it around to coat the bottom.
5. Once the oil is hot, carefully place the seasoned braising steak in the pan.
6. Sear the steak on each side for about 2-3 minutes until it develops a brown crust.
7. Remove the steak from the pan and set it aside on a plate.
8. In the same pan, add diced onions, carrots, and celery, and sauté them until they begin to soften.
9. Return the braising steak to the pan and pour in enough beef or vegetable broth to partially submerge the meat.
10. Bring the liquid to a simmer, then cover the pan with a tight-fitting lid.
11. Transfer the pan to the preheated oven and let the steak braise for approximately 2-2.5 hours until it becomes tender.
12. Check the steak occasionally and add more broth if needed to prevent it from drying out.
13. Once the steak is fork-tender, remove it from the oven.
14. Allow the meat to rest for a few minutes before serving.
15. Serve the braising steak with the cooked vegetables and some of the flavorful cooking liquid as a sauce.
Remember, these instructions are a general guideline, and cooking times may vary depending on the thickness of the steak and your desired level of doneness. It’s always a good idea to use a meat thermometer to ensure the internal temperature of the steak reaches a safe level (at least 63°C or 145°F for medium-rare).
Nutiritional information typical values per 100g,
|of which saturates||3.8 g|
|of which sugars||0 g|
We entrust DPD to deliver everything you order to mainland addresses in the UK. You can select you preferred delivery date at check-out. Next-day delivery has a cut-off time of 12pm, but please note, next-day delivery is not available on everything. Gift messages may also be added and personalised at check-out. For more information, please visit our Delivery & Returns page.