|COUNTRY OF ORIGIN
To cook beef shin, follow these short instructions:
1. Preheat your oven to 325°F (165°C).
2. Start by seasoning the beef shin with salt and pepper, rubbing it all over the meat.
3. Heat a large oven-safe pot or Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add a bit of oil and sear the beef shin on all sides until browned. This step helps seal in the flavors.
4. Remove the beef shin from the pot and set it aside temporarily.
5. Add chopped onions, carrots, and celery to the pot and cook them until they begin to soften, usually around 5 minutes.
6. Return the beef shin to the pot and add enough beef broth or stock to cover the meat by about halfway.
7. Add any desired herbs and spices, such as bay leaves, thyme, or rosemary, to enhance the flavor.
8. Bring the liquid to a simmer, cover the pot, and transfer it to the preheated oven.
9. Let the beef shin braise in the oven for about 2.5 to 3 hours, or until the meat becomes tender and easily pulls apart.
10. After the cooking time, remove the pot from the oven and let it rest for a few minutes.
11. Carefully remove the beef shin from the pot and slice or shred it as desired.
12. Serve the beef shin with the braising liquid and vegetables as a delicious main dish.
Note: Cooking times may vary depending on the size and thickness of the beef shin. It’s always a good idea to check for doneness by testing the meat with a fork. If it easily falls apart, it’s ready to be served.
Nutiritional information typical values per 100g,
|of which saturates
|of which sugars
We entrust DPD to deliver everything you order to mainland addresses in the UK. You can select you preferred delivery date at check-out. Next-day delivery has a cut-off time of 12pm, but please note, next-day delivery is not available on everything. Gift messages may also be added and personalised at check-out. For more information, please visit our Delivery & Returns page.