The best meat deserves the best preparation. That’s why we work with master butchers who have prepared this joint to the very highest standard. Our butchers have trimmed and tied this meat expertly so it is ready to cook and serve. This also means you can slice the brisket beef roasting joint easily and portion it fairly. People do tend to watch carefully when you serve a meal like this, so we have done the hard work for you. We go to this extra effort to maintain the premium quality you have come to expect from The Black Farmer.
We source local meat from farms in Wiltshire, Somerset and the South West. The Black Farmer makes sure that we get the absolute best and most sustainable breeds for the season. Our free range cows feed on grass and lead happy lives in the great British countryside. By working with local produce and farmers, we promote and encourage a sustainable and ethical approach to meat eating. This reduces animal stress and lowers food miles as much as possible.
The Black Farmer’s brisket beef roasting joint is suitable for freezing, if you think you can wait. Just make sure to leave it plenty of time to thaw properly.
The shelf life on this beef brisket is 12 days from delivery date.
Beef brisket recipe:
Freshly ground black pepper
Extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 220°C (200ºC fan). Season brisket generously with salt and pepper on both sides.
- Place potatoes in a large roasting pan and drizzle with oil and season with salt and pepper. Place brisket on top of potatoes, fat side up.
- Roast until brisket develops a deeply golden brown crust on top and potatoes are cooked, about 1 hour and 15 minutes.
- Reduce oven to 150°C (130ºC fan). At this point, remove potatoes if roasted potatoes are desired, or leave in pan for stewed potatoes. Add stock to pan and season beef again with salt and pepper. Cover pan tightly with foil.
- Return to oven and continue cooking until brisket is tender and a fork meets almost no resistance when inserted, about 2 hours 30 minutes.
- Let rest for 10 minutes before slicing (against the grain for tender slices!). Serve with potatoes.
Product photography is representative only. As these products are freshly butchered for your order, sizes and thicknesses may vary. Weights and portions will be as stated.