❄ Freezable ❄ freeze on day of delivery and store in freezer until required. Defrost thoroughly before use.
Sourdough is a tasty and healthy bread, loved by the nation. Combined with avocado and grilled tomatoes, it makes for the ultimate breakfast feast. It can also be layered with eggs, tofu scramble or bacon and sausage for an indulgent and delicious brekkie.
Below is a tasty recipe using sourdough bread:
- 200–240 g 1-inch cubed bread
- 30–45 g olive oil (2–3 tbsp.)
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 8 g (2 heaped tbsp.) chopped fresh dill, plus more to taste
- Ground Parmesan or Pecorino cheese, to taste
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
Notes & Substitutions
The flavour of fresh dill does not overpower in this dish. It’s delicious. Use chopped fresh parsley as a substitute or a combo of both.
- Preheat your oven to 350 F (180 C).
- Evenly arrange the bread cubes on a sheet pan in one single layer. Drizzle with some of the olive oil to coat. Sprinkle with garlic powder, fresh dill, and Parmesan cheese. Season with salt and pepper.
- Toss gently with your hands, adding more olive oil as needed (if it’s too dry), until the bread is nicely coated.
- Bake on the centre rack for 20-30 minutes, checking at the 15-minute mark- give it a stir. The croutons are ready when they are crisp and golden brown; total bake time will vary based on size.
- Once completely cool, store in an air tight container for up to 1 week.
Product photography is representative only. Weights and portions will be as stated.