Cumberland Sausage & Sweet Potato Mash
This is a personal favourite of mine. The herby flavour of the Cumberland sausage mixes perfectly with the sweetness of the potato and mustard sauce making this dish a real treat.
- 375g Black Farmer Sausages
- 3 medium Sweet Potato
- 2 Spring onion Chopped small
- 150g unsalted Butter
- 50g IPA & Smoked Chilli Wholegrain Mustard
- 200ml water
- 1 tbsp. corn flour
- Salt to taste
- Preheat the oven to 425°F and place a piece of foil on a baking sheet. Use a fork to poke holes into the sweet potatoes, set them on the baking sheet, and roast for 40 to 50 minutes, or until puffed up and soft inside when pierced with a fork.
- Use a spoon to remove the sweet potatoes while it is still hot. Use a table cloth to hold the potatoes so fingers do not burn.
- Add 50gram of butter, chopped spring onion and salt to taste in the mashed sweet potato. Use a whisk to mix everything together until combined. Cover and set aside.
- Fry the sausage in a non-stick pan to get an even golden brown colour on both sides. Cook for 6-8 minutes in the oven until thoroughly cook.
- Remove the sausages, add 100gram butter,1 tbsp. corn flour, 50gram whole grain mustard to the same pan and whisk together.
- Slowly add the water until you reach a thick consistency while continuing to whisk so no lumps can be formed. Season to taste.
- Assemble the sausages, sweet mash potatoes and the mustard sauce and serve.